Saturday, August 28, 2010

Two Desserts

I created this blog today and had trouble coming up with a name. Joe said "how can you write a blog if you can't even think of a name for it?" Then I was thinking about what makes me happy and that inspired me. A few things happened today that helped me with ideas for my first post.

Happiness is... asking Snickers if she wants to go to PetSmart. The very mention of this store causes her to start prancing around and she'll begin to whine if we don't 'move it along and get going.' She is such a happy dog when she knows she's coming with us somewhere. We have to be careful when we use this store's name in normal conversation around her. If we catch ourselves, we'll say PetSm... and trail off with the last part of the name so she doesn't understand it.

After PetSmart, we took Snickers to the canal in the village of Pittsford since we had promised Snickers ice cream. I got a vanilla cone and Joe got a vanilla dish with caramel. Both are 'Doodle Friendly' so we can share them with her. I always try to hold my cone and ask her to 'lick it nicely' which usually means I have to pull it away before she devours the entire thing. Well, today, she got a huge bite - all of the ice cream that was left on the top of the cone and THE ENTIRE CONE! I wasn't too happy, but it was pretty funny. Shortly afterward, we walked around to the back, where there were more shops, and I saw a new cupcake bakery. I thought, I am going to get a dessert that's all mine. I went inside and ordered a single vanilla cupcake. I took it outside, and ate it in front of Snickers and didn't share any with her.

Happiness is... getting two desserts because your dog ate the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment